All He Ever Desired

All He Ever Desired - Shannon Stacey 3.5 starsI've sat on this review for a couple of days, mostly because I don't quite know where to start or what to say. I'm a huge fan of Stacey's work and have been since I read this series out of order, starting with [b:Yours to Keep|11530122|Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1307103876s/11530122.jpg|15666798]. And I don't know if my tastes have changed or if I've read these last two at inopportune times or if Stacey's writing style has changed, but, well, I don't love them as much anymore.Instead of fresh contemporary romance, I found the same old, same old. The family dynamic in this series is always great, and that was still prevalent in this book. I enjoyed seeing the brothers and other family members, though I'll admit that it was too much at a point. In fact, there are so many siblings/cousins/nieces/nephews that I don't remember a single one (even from the couple I LOVED in Yours to Keep!). In this book, we got the romance of Ryan and Lauren, and after reading [b:All He Ever Needed|14714484|All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1341945292s/14714484.jpg|22828580], I was intrigued about their story. It was unique enough, and the path they took to rekindle whatever they once had was believable. I also really enjoyed Nick's character.What I felt was lacking was the conflict in this book. I thought it was blown hugely out of proportion and that Lauren overreacted dramatically. I also thought it was a roller-coaster ride, and not in a good way. We had this monumental climb that seemed to take forever, and then WHAM! the ride was over in .57 seconds. I mean, this literally ended less than 1% after the big declaration and they made up. I need a little more in my books, otherwise I'm left unsatisfied and crabby at the end.And, unfortunately, that's how this left me. Regardless of how much/how little I liked the book before I turn that last page, the feeling I'm left with has a huge impact on the rating. I'll still read the last (?) book in this series just to see how she ends it, but I'm afraid I might have grown away from Ms. Stacey's writing style.