All He Ever Dreamed

All He Ever Dreamed - Shannon Stacey I think I've run into a case of the "it's not you, it's me"s. I used to love Shannon's books. [b:Yours to Keep|11530122|Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1307103876s/11530122.jpg|15666798] was a five star rating from me, and you know that's hard to come by. The first two in the series weren't as great for me, and these last few haven't knocked me off my feet, either. As far as I can tell, her writing hasn't changed, so alas...it's not you, it's me.While All He Ever Dreamed was a cute, fun, light read, it was predictable. Ridiculously so. The banter and back and forth with Katie and Josh was great. I love the friends to more storyline, but it didn't work so much for me here. The all of the sudden, light bulb moment is hard to swallow. Decades of being best friends with a girl and you'd never noticed she had boobs? Or checked out her ass? Yet your brothers--the ones who actually saw her as the sister you didn't see her as--did? Nope. Not buying it.And when we did get the crash...the culmination of decades of friendship finally coming together? Talk about the disappointment of the century. It was missing emotion. It was almost robotic, especially after. It was a disappointment of epic proportions.Besides that, the depth--or lack thereof--of Josh's character was frustrating. I wished we could've seen more of him besides his desire to leave, his moping around when things went a different way than he thought, and then continuing to do nothing but thinking of leaving.In the end, while it had the HEA you knew was coming, I wished Katie had done more than sit around and wait. That, to me, knocked her down a couple pegs in my book. Don't just sit there and wait for the dude to come back, then throw yourself at him when he finally graces you with his presence. No and gross.Also, do we have to end every single contemporary romance with a proposal? And a three name ILY? They're awkward and unrealistic and, frankly, I might stab my eyes out if I have to read it one more time.If you're looking for a no-brainer, light CR, this was an okay way to spend the day, though I'd highly suggest [b:Yours to Keep|11530122|Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)|Shannon Stacey|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1307103876s/11530122.jpg|15666798] over it. I'll be interested to see how Stacey does the subsequent books when the problem of the hero needing/wanting to flee town isn't an issue as it has been in the last three...