Wicked Games

Wicked Games - Jill Myles, Jessica Clare My first introduction to Myles' writing was in the novella of the compilation for Wild & Steamy. From that short piece, she had me hooked, and I went and found everything else she'd written.This was a quick, easy, and refreshing read. I can say honestly that not one point of the story bothered me, and if you know anything about my tolerance for books, then you know that's monumental in and of itself. That's not to say there weren't things that won't bother others, but I was too easily distracted by the fun, easy storyline to pay them much attention. Was it perfect? Well, no, but I still can't bring myself to give this any less than 5 stars because I enjoyed myself the entire time. This book will be going on my favorites shelf, for sure.In the book, Abby is given little choice but to go on a Survivor style show, last minute. Her boss makes sure of that (I'll make your life hell at work, or you can go to a tropical island and suck it up, sort of thing). When we meet Dean, he's a complete asshole. Honestly, I wasn't sure how Jill was going to win me over with him, but suddenly I liked him. It felt like a natural progression, which I really appreciated. We moved along with Abby (told in 1st person POV) as she moved from loathing him, to being able to stand him, to being attracted to him, to genuinely liking him. The small glimpses we got at the beginning of the chapters from Dean were well used, as well, and helped shed light on what he was thinking, even when Abby didn't know.The sex was hot, erotic but not distasteful. I'd say somewhere up a notch on the hot scale from Jill Shalvis' very light sex, but it was welcome, lemme tell ya. ;)The conflict and arc in this was well done. It left that anxious feeling in my tummy that tells me the author is doing their job right. The ending, though I thought it was a bit rushed, and would have loved more of an "epilogue", was well done.Myles' writing style was refreshing and funny. A light, easy read that was welcome after the rut I've been in.Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to devour every other book she's ever written.