Just One Of The Guys

Just One of the Guys - Kristan Higgins 3.5 stars (wish goodreads would fix that already)All in all, I enjoyed this book. I read a lot of reviews that talked about their personal distaste for the author's choice of writing in first person/present, but I wasn't bothered by it at all. There are some stories that need to be told like that, and I think that the MC's voice probably would have been compromised had she not written it this way.Now, on the topic of the MC's voice - I loved it. I laughed out loud, snickered, snorted, and guffawed several times through the book. It was totally my sense of humor, and that's refreshing to get in a book.A few things stood out for me on the negative: first, it felt like it dragged on unnecessarily. There were whole sections of this book we could have deleted completely and not lost anything. Second, the addition of the "stalker" was an unneeded, unnecessary, and--when it was all "resolved"--laughable conflict to stick into this story. It was drama for the sake of drama, and my patience runs thin with that crap. I also felt several times in this book an eerie similarity to Love Walked In: Girl comes from big family, lives in a smallish town, boy who's not really family but is treated like it is the love interest, "brotherly" type issues, both involved with other people, hell, even the guy's names both started with T. Small things, but put together, they equal a whole lot of what the crap?In the end, I laughed, I teared up, I enjoyed it overall. I do wish we had more resolution with Trevor and Chas, because after 365 pages, I was hoping for a little more than 10 tying it all up to give us our HEA.