Make Me

Make Me - Charlotte Stein 3.5 starsSo I knew going into this that this may not be my cup o' tea. But, after the swoon-fest that was Sheltered, I was willing to take the plunge.We're thrown immediately (like, on page 1) into the first sexual encounter between best friends Maisie, Brandon and Tyler. Notice the three people there, didja? So, that's where it's not generally my bag. I've read -- and even enjoyed -- a few menage stories, but they're usually not my favorite. Now, in this book? I actually really loved the relationship between the three, and it was one of my favorite things about the book. Told in first person, we get a great glimpse into Maisie's head and her reasoning and thoughts behind her actions. Plus, to me, it makes it even more powerful when Brandon is all sweet and swoony and sweet, or Tyler is a dirty talking, sexy beast of a man.Speaking of Brandon...I can haz one of him, yes?What didn't win me over in the book was all the derogatory talk. And there was a lot of it. To me, it's the equivalent of a cold, dead, smelly fish being tossed on the bed during sexytimes. Not only does it not turn my crank, but it breaks my crank right off.Now, if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, or, better yet, that sort of thing does turn your crank, then you're in for a treat of a deliciously smutty and dirty read.Warning: You're gonna wanna have a peen (real or fake) close by after reading.