Dark Awakening: Number 1 in series (Dark Dynasties)

Dark Awakening - Kendra Leigh Castle Where, oh where, do I start with this review?!I have been searching for months (months) for a new PNR series to read. There's just something about the different and unique worlds that pulls me in and sticks with me longer than contemporary romance (not that I don't love those, because I do...). However, finding and loving a PNR book or series is quite the feat. There are a plethora out there, but very few that truly grab me.Well, this one managed it.From the prologue of this book, I was hooked. And let me tell you--I don't even like prologues. But this one? Hooooooooooman. Ms. Castle is not messing around.So, basically, from the very first page, I was pulled into this book. Castle writes in a way that flows beautifully and seamlessly, but also leaves the reader breathless and anxious for more. The suspense and mystery in this book wasn't overwhelming or overdone, but definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and turning pages. Also, I was immediately struck by the different voices used for both Ty and Lily's POVs, and that, to me, is the mark of an excellent author.Our hero and heroine were really the stars of this book. Don't get me wrong, the world Castle created was unique and interesting, and the details woven through strategically were well placed and very telling. But Ty and Lily stole the show.Lily is strong and tough, just the way I like my heroines to be. But, of course, she has uncertainty in her, and I think that's what makes her relatable. I knew, though, as I was reading, that by the end of this book, she was going to be a force to be reckoned with.And then we have Ty....I have no words for the perfection that is that man. He's left me speechless. So, how about instead of me babbling incoherently about him, I show you what he's like..."Lily," Ty said, exhaling her name like a prayer. "Just a taste. One taste, and no more.""Shall I take you there, Lily?" he asked hoarsely. "I can feel how close you are... Ah, gods...""When I touch you," he said softly, "I want to sink my teeth into you.""Be sure, mo bhilis," was all he said. "Be sure.""Bed," Ty said hoarsely, moving with preternatural speed toward the stairs. "I want to be on you...in you...""Lily. Beautiful Lily," Ty purred, nuzzling her hair as he wound himself around her and settled down to sleep. "My Lily.""I won't give you up, Lily. I'll find a way to save you, save the both of us. Just have faith in me," he said, and she could hear the desperation in his voice. "I have to try and make things right. But I'll never let anyone hurt you. Just have faith in me."His gaze was hungry, so hungry. "I can't be gentle tonight," he said. "I'm not a gentle man, Lily. You'd do better to lock me out. I want you hot and fast. I want to ride you until you scream for me."Ty grabbed her hair, snapping her head back as he continued to pump into her, and she knew what was coming, what he wanted to do.* * *Seriously. If that doesn't get you to move this straight to the top of your TBR list, then I don't know what more I can say. I am so, so thrilled to have found another PNR series to read and love, and will anxiously await the release of each and every book in this series.Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Jaden to get lost in...