Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)

Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3) - Ruthie Knox In a short time, Ruthie has become an auto-buy author for me. I love the worlds she creates, the plots that are fresh when I feel like I've read everything, the characters that are relatable and the heroes that are hot. And I can't forget the humor. There's nothing better than a sexy book that makes you laugh.I was excited for this series after she kicked off with a bang in [b:How to Misbehave|17162570|How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1)|Ruthie Knox|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1357019989s/17162570.jpg|22005525]. I loved that one, but I wasn't quite as sold on [b:Along Came Trouble|15761442|Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)|Ruthie Knox|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1350168536s/15761442.jpg|21462217]. I didn't care for the heroine or the side-plot of Ellen's brother and neighbor.And, I have to admit, that's where she lost me here, too. I gave zero fornications about any romance that didn't have to do with Sean or Katie. When Ms. Knox focused on those side-plots, she lost me. I thought this book went on for way too long. I got bored. And getting bored is never a good thing when reading a fun, relaxing book.With FwD, we're given an unusual hero in the romance world--a man who stutters. Now, if there's one thing I have a soft spot for, it's a stutterer. I was thrilled that we were getting this unconventional hero. I am so sick of the alphaholes I could scream, so it was nice to see a different spin on what can still be considered sexy in a romance hero. For the most part, I really liked him. I did not, however, enjoy his back and forth, wishy-washy BS. That grated on my last nerve.The heroine in here was strong and sassy--just how I like them. But while both characters were good, it just wasn't enough to catapult this book into a great read for me. It was nice, fine, good. But I was expecting great. Still, if you're looking for an afternoon beach read, this should fit the bill.