Lover Undercover: Love Undercover (Entangled: Brazen)

Lover Undercover - Samanthe Beck 3.5 starsI really, really loved Beck's debut novel [b:Private Practice|17413439|Private Practice|Samanthe Beck|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361772129s/17413439.jpg|24259762], so I was excited to get started with this one.From the beginning, it's clear the tone of this book was quite different from her first. We've got mystery and intrigue right off the bat, and I guess I did miss the light-hearted feel of Private Practice. I also missed the humor that I found in her debut novel.For the most part, I enjoyed the heroine in this. I liked her quiet strength. However, I did not like one detail the author decided to include. I won't spoil it for others, but I really wondered why it had to be there at all.The heroine's sister, on the other hand, I wasn't too fond of. I'm not sure I'd be interested in reading her story, should Beck decide to focus on that for a follow up novel. I also really liked the hero in this one. Ms. Beck does have a way of writing swoony, strong, and drool-worthy heroes, and Trevor was no exception.I'm bumping this up to 3.5 stars strictly based on the epilogue, because I was grinning by the end of it.