Easy

Easy - Tammara Webber Before I leave an in depth review, I'mma read this again. Right now. If that doesn't tell you how much I loved it, the fact that I stayed up till 3am reading should.***complete review added***This was my second book in the New Adult genre, and I am still just as stoked for it as I was after reading Sam Cruz. I love everything about the genre. I love the age range, I love the realness of the situations and the characters and interactions and speech. I love the intimate scenes. I love how this time is usually about new experiences in love and life.Easy was no exception to that. We dive in immediately with Jacqueline, and I'm not going to lie...the first chapter was hard to read. If you have triggers regarding non-consensual sex, this book is not going to be for you. (and no, you may not just skip the first chapter and read the rest. Trust me.) For those who can handle it, you'll be sucked in. It's powerful and scary and brilliantly written. It had me on the edge of my seat, as scared as Jacqueline was.One of the things I liked about this book was that the rape wasn't the main focus of the book. True, it was a starting point for every other thing that happened, but it wasn't the only thing that the characters focused on.I can't lie and say the reason I loved this book wasn't Lucas. He was the reason I was head over heels for it. First of all, let me just paint a picture for you: “Ooh, J, he’s got ink, too,” Erin murmured appreciatively. “Just when I didn’t think he could get any hotter...”My eyes fell to his forearms, flexing as he sliced the bag open. Tattooed designs wrapped around his wrists, contiguous symbols and script running up both arms and disappearing into the sleeves of the gray knit shirt, which were shoved above his elbows. I’d never seen him without his sleeves pulled to the wrists. Even Saturday night, he’d worn long sleeves—a faded black button-down, open over a white t-shirt.***When he drew the hoodie over his head, his white t-shirt pulled up a bit with it, and I got my answer on how far the tattoos extended. Four lines of script, too small to read, snaked around his left side. Some sort of Celtic-looking design balanced it on the right. Bonus: I now knew what Erin meant by lickable abs.The hoodie joined the cap, and his t-shirt fell back into place. Picking up the sketchbook and pencil, he turned to me, and I noted that the ink on his forearms continued over his biceps and under the short sleeves of his shirt. Have I mentioned the piercing?I felt an impulse to bring my fingertips to his face and trail them over his freshly shaven jaw, the sexy scruff from yesterday gone. His skin wouldn’t redden mine now if he kissed me, hard. I would feel nothing but his mouth on mine—and maybe that slim ring at the edge of his lip… Sold yet?Lucas was protective and dark and intense and quiet and sweet and broody and swoony and...just...UNF. He's managed to climb his way up to be tied with Etienne. As in, Etienne of Anna and the French Kiss. I'm not messing around.After I'd stayed up so late reading, I had the immediate urge to re-read, thinking I'd be able to leave a better review after doing so. Unfortunately, I think it was my downfall. I'm still keeping this rating at 5 stars, because any book that keeps me up until 3am to finish it and has me thinking about it again the minute I wake up is obviously doing something right. It resonated with me like so few books manage to do.I will say, though, that rereading made me focus on things that I was too wrapped up in the story the first time to notice. Small details that may not bother the average reader, but bothered me. These aren't spoilery per se, but if you don't see me bitch about them, they might not register at all, so I'm tagging them as such... For instance, why the hostility with Jacqueline's parents? We were never told the story on them, just given small glimpses into how big of assholes they were. Also, how is Lucas able to afford a Harley? Not just a motorcycle, but specifically a Harley. Finally, I think this is a self-pubbed book, and for that, the editing is actually pretty good. There were instances, though, that I found confusing. There was a lot of jumping to things that already happened and instead of sticking to past participle, they simply used past tense, making it very confusing to figure out where, exactly, we were in the timeline.Besides those nitpicky things, I was engaged so entirely with this book that I did little else than read and read and read. The ending about broke my heart and made me love Lucas all the more. He was perfection (even when he wasn't perfect), and I loved everything about him.I would recommend this to any and everyone who does not have rape triggers. I don't think you'll be disappointed.Let me just leave a little something here for you...Eyes blazing, he looked down at me. “Jacqueline?”I blinked. “Yes?”“The night we met—I’m not like that guy.” His jaw was rigid.“I know tha—” He placed a finger over my lips, his expression softening.“So I don’t want you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly.” He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap.I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, “Okay.”He dropped the pad onto the floor and the pencil followed, his stare never unlocking from mine. As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his—the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face. He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.