Unearthly (Unearthly Series #1)

Unearthly (Unearthly Series #1) - I've had Unearthly sitting on my counter for almost two months (from the library, no less. Shame on me). I wasn't sure why it took me so long to finally pick it up, other than the fact that I knew really nothing about it, except one thing: I was going to LOVE Tucker Avery.So, I basically went into this blind. I assumed from the title that it was going to be paranormal somehow, but I honestly don't even think I read the summary. (that's my bad) So that, and TUCKER AVERY!!!!!!! was all I had to go on.Now, let me say that I did end up enjoying him. Did I love him? Well, no, but in all fairness, I don't think I was given enough of him TO love. He didn't really come into the story as more than a pesky background figure till almost two-thirds of the way through the book. So, point knock off #1 - I wanted to fall in love with a new boy, and I didn't. And the whole set-up with his sister...weird. Totally weird. I don't know, maybe in the next book we'll find out she's an all-knowing psychic and saw them together, but the convo between Wendy and Clara toward the beginning of the book, I wasn't buying. It was like the author was forcing us to see something that wasn't there. Me thinks that was her version of foreshadowing, but it didn't work.And maybe that's where she lost me. So much of the book felt forced - felt TOLD. In a 400+ page book, I should have felt *everything*. I wanted to see and experience it for myself. I wanted to feel the flutter of new love and swoon over the boy. I wanted to feel anxiety and fear and helplessness. Instead, I simply read about those things, turned the page, and felt completely unchanged from any of it. In the end, I just...I didn't really care about any of the characters. They were forgettable to me, which is a shame because I think the premise has promise. I'm left feeling like I did after reading Fallen and Hush, Hush. *shrug* Meh.