The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Unfortunately, this book wasn't what I'd expected it to be, and I'm afraid that affected its rating. What did I expect? Romance. Love. Swooning. Romantic, lovely boys, making girls (read: me) swoon. What did I get? Heartbreak, angst, a pit in my stomach, with a smidgen of swoon thrown in. Oliver? Oh, he's totally swoony. Especially their plane ride over. It was wonderful and had me grinning ear to ear. Unfortunately, in the big picture, it was a very small part of the whole story.Hadley, the MC of the book, was quite enjoyable. I could relate to her, to her worries, to her fears, to her anger quite well. And maybe that's why I felt the way I did for so much of this book - because the author did a fabulous job of putting us in Hadley's shoes. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past a major plot point in this book and carried it with me (read: stabbed me in the stomach repeatedly) for the entire thing. I also wasn't a fan of Smith's storytelling style. There were blocks upon blocks of narration, and I found myself yearning for more dialogue. I got bored through a lot of the passages.In the end, for me, this didn't have enough love and romance to outweigh the angst.