Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1) - This book was refreshing. After a handful of mostly mediocre books, it was nice to get lost again in something lovely and well written again. When I was told a while ago to read, and that it was about a werewolf named Sam, I'll admit that I was skeptical because, well, in Twilight there's a wolf named Sam and I didn't like him much. I thought I'd get the worlds mixed up in my head. For the most part, that didn't happen at all. There were a few similarities that had my head cocked to the side, but all in all, they are two very different worlds.The characters the author created were real and very relate-able. The love story between Sam and Grace was beautiful and well-paced and so, so heartbreaking. I cried more than once in the book (though that is definitely not unusual for me), but was happy in the end.The only thing I wished this book had was MORE MORE MORE. I was left slightly (alright, a lot) unsatisfied at the end, and though there is a sequel, I will be waiting (at the advisement of my WP panel) until the third book comes out next year. This is one of those books that I will definitely need to own, because I see it high on my re-read list.