Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley You guise.I just don't even know where to start with this review. This book did what very few books do: grab me, hold me, and keep me interested, all the while making me swoon at the pretty words.Crowley's writing style is nothing short of lyrical. Her prose is so, so pretty that I found myself re-reading passages just to bounce the words around in my head one more time. Oh, sure, I've read pretty words before. But they can sometimes overtake a story where it's hard to concentrate on the actual storyline. Crowley does a fabulous job of using just the right amount to make me preach about the prose, but not so much that the story gets lost in it.This is told in 1st person, alternating POVs. We meet Lucy first, who is relatable, likable, just a little snarky, and most importantly believable. She acts like a teenager, though not an annoying one. She says stupid things sometimes, she gets embarrassed, and she has an infatuation with a certain someone. *cough Shadow cough*.Now, let's talk about Shadow, should we? His POV is the other main alternating one, and Crowley does a fabulous job of making the two have very distinct voices. We find out very early on who this is, though Lucy is kept in the dark for much of the book. His outlook and personal perspective is heartbreaking, quite honestly. You can't help but feel for him. I wanted to fold him up and stick him in my pocket. Told in a single night, the story is fast paced and woven beautifully together. Even though it took place over the course of a few short hours, nothing felt rushed or forced. I could quote so much of this book, and I did over on my status updates, so if you want a taste of her words, go have a peek. I loved every minute of this. I only wish there was more of it to read.