Desire Unchained (Demonica Series #2)

Desire Unchained - Larissa Ione Going straight into this book from the first in the series, I had high expectations. I really loved Pleasure Unbound and hoped that I would continue that feeling into this book.While I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much as I did the first book. This one took me a great deal longer to get into. With the first one, I was immediately drawn into this crazy new world. With this one, I already knew of the world, so the author had to work harder to get me interested right off the bat.I loved Shade's character in E's book and couldn't wait to get to his story. But once we did, I was a little disappointed. I did still like a lot about him: his humor, his strength, his love for his brothers. But he frustrated me through a great deal of the book, as well.Runa's character was great, for the most part. I enjoyed reading about her journey and seeing her stand up to Shade when she needed to, but I also loved her fierce devotion to him.Another thing I loved seeing in this book was Wraith and Kynan's growing friendship. I've been a sucker for Ky since he was introduced in PU, and I haven't been disappointed yet. I'm also interested to see how Wraith's story plays out because he's such a contradiction.Toward the end of this book, things really started moving along, and I was on the edge of my seat for the last 1/3 of it. I thought the storyline was well played out, and I'm happy with how it ended. Though I didn't love this one as much as the first, it still gets a solid 4 stars for a great plot, good, strong characters, and some super hot love scenes.