The Reluctant Nude

The Reluctant Nude - Meg  Maguire I really, really liked this at the beginning. While I wasn't all that connected to our heroine, Fallon, I was immediately intrigued by tall, dark and handsome sculptor, Max. I mean. A tattooed Frenchman who'd learned to speak English in Great Britain? I'M DED.So, Max had me hook, line and sinker from the beginning. He was intriguing in his intensity and his passion. Fallon, unfortunately, I never really warmed to her. I thought she was cold and harsh, mean at times. And in the end, she just didn't grow enough as a character for me to ever really root for her.For the first half of the book, I was invested and hoping that this might be something I really loved. Ultimately, the sex ruined it for me. :( I just can't buy a thirty year old non-virgin who's never had an orgasm. I just can't. And I don't understand why it was even necessary to put that detail in the book. Was it to show that she was so cold, so detached from everyone (even herself??) before Max came along that she just couldn't reach the O? I don't know. But it was a total mood killer. I just couldn't get on board with their sexytimes after that. All in all, it was a good book with a really enjoyable hero, if a heroine that got on my nerves. Not a bad way to pass an afternoon, but definitely not a re-read.