At Last by Shalvis, Jill ( Author ) ON Aug-23-2012, Paperback

At Last - Jill Shalvis 4.5 stars, but this time I'm rounding up.I don't know how she does it, but Jill keeps managing to create these swoony, lovable, hot as hell heroes for us to fall in love with. And, Matt? Unf. Matt is definitely up there in my favorites. With his gruffness and his humor and his undeniable affection for Amy? I'm a goner. And Amy, the heroine, was wonderful. She was a tough as nails woman, trying to make her own way. I loved that her softness came out with her friends and with Matt; it allowed us to see a different side of her that was completely welcomed.The thing I liked most about this book was that though it was a contemporary romance and had the lighthearted feel that contemporary romances do, it wasn't a happy-go-lucky story. It dealt with heavy problems and the fallout of unforgettable circumstances.. And the reason I liked that so much was because it forced Jill to take us on a slight detour from her usual formulaic plots. It was a refreshing change.Another fabulous book in the Lucky Harbor series. Definitely a must read.