The Game of Love

The Game of Love - Jeanette Murray 2.5 starsI've had this on my TBR list for a while, and was anxious to read because I'm always on the lookout for new, hot sports romance books.While this did include two pro-athletes in a relationship, there was very little talk of actual sports (except the HS girls' tennis team, which bored me to tears), so if you're looking for that, you'll want to look elsewhere.All in all, I thought this book was okay. It didn't blow me away, but found it a satisfactory read. I wasn't wowed by either the hero or the heroine. Brett, for all that he was big and beefy and hunky, he was a little bit of a meathead at first. And Chris, for all that she was the strong, empowered woman, she was a little bit of a cold-hearted bitch.Besides not really warming to either of the MCs, there were parts of this book that just didn't work for me. Lots of things left unresolved or just weren't discussed at all (her relationship with her parents, his father's death, etc, etc). In all honesty, this read like the 2nd or 3rd book in a series, but this is a stand alone book. There wasn't enough world-building, and I felt lost a lot of the time because the author told us things like we should've already known the details.So, this was somewhere between an ok read and me liking it. I'm rounding up because Brett was fond of calling her baby, and you all know that's my kryptonite.